NEED help

  • Thread starter Thread starter vostasf
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

vostasf

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2026
Messages
48
Reaction score
12
Location
saskatoon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to add a uv sterilizer to my redsea 170 Aio any recommendation on different ones. I also wanted to add auto water change system so any Recommendations would be great the cabinet below the tank is empty except for the Aio reservoir
20260614_202129_8175597F-E2B2-403E-BE40-AA3F294E0B21.png
 
I have the Red Sea Max 170, I use Green Killing Machine 24 watt. It helped a lot with my Dino issue. You don't want to add a sump? I didn't get the stock one, I got the Sapphire Trigger Cube one. I don't use the power center on mine.

​

 
I have the Red Sea Max 170, I use Green Killing Machine 24 watt. It helped a lot with my Dino issue. You don't want to add a sump? I didn't get the stock one, I got the Sapphire Trigger Cube one. I don't use the power center on mine.

​

I’ve been thinking about adding a sump eventually but right now I’m wanting to get a auto water changer and new wave maker
 
I have the Red Sea Max 170, I use Green Killing Machine 24 watt. It helped a lot with my Dino issue. You don't want to add a sump? I didn't get the stock one, I got the Sapphire Trigger Cube one. I don't use the power center on mine.

​

I’ve been thinking about adding a sump eventually but right now I’m wanting to get a auto water changer and new wave maker
This is my first tank so I’m just trying to get it as good as I can. But I’m sure I’ll end up getting a larger tank within a year
 
UV, in my opinion, is not worth it unless you have an issue. I got the Killing machine for the Dino issue was having it worked. Now it's sitting in my closet.
 
I would get a sump and better skimmer. However, depends on what kind of bio-load. My skimmer works too good now. I have it programmed only to run 6 hours a day. What kind of light comes with Max now? Mine came with a Hydra 26hd. That light died though and now use a Radion XR30 G6 Blue.
 
I would get a sump and better skimmer. However, depends on what kind of bio-load. My skimmer works too good now. I have it programmed only to run 6 hours a day. What kind of light comes with Max now? Mine came with a Hydra 26hd. That light died though and now use a Radion XR30 G6 Blue.
I upgraded the light to a AI prime 16HD and I think I might do skimmer eventually but I might just wait until I upgrade to larger tank
 
What kind of corals you plan? With that light you probably only can do softies and some lps on higher levels. I would think you will only get about 90 par on bottom left and right corners. I would for sure rent a par meter when you first setup tank. Make a map of it!
 
I'd skip the UV, but I used green killing machines before and they worked enough
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new