Need help!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cdime712
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cdime712

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2020
Messages
233
Reaction score
94
Location
NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this guy a day go. I don't understand why it is not sticking to the rock. I find it flowing around in my tank. What I'm I missing here or doing wrong. Yes I did slow drip it for an hour before putting it in tank.

20200814_121409.jpg 20200814_121356.jpg
 
nem's do what they want to do... until it fins a spot which it likes it will continue to roll
around. You got any other corals in your tank? If so, watch it carefully so it doesn't sting them. A possible option is digging a slight hole and surrounding rocks around the nem which would be in the hole. This might give it a spot to anchor in. mike sure the spot has good lighting as well as flow.
 
On top of Nigel's recommendations, if you didn't do so when you introduced the 'nem you should reduce the flow for about 15 minutes or so to give it an easier chance to attach. I just added 7 rock 'nems to my tank this week. 5 of them attached immediately, and two of them (larger ones) I had to tweak their locations until they stopped rolling. Welcome to the Anemone Games!
 
nem's do what they want to do... until it fins a spot which it likes it will continue to roll
around. You got any other corals in your tank? If so, watch it carefully so it doesn't sting them. A possible option is digging a slight hole and surrounding rocks around the nem which would be in the hole. This might give it a spot to anchor in. mike sure the spot has good lighting as well as flow.
So do they take time to stick on something ?
 
On top of Nigel's recommendations, if you didn't do so when you introduced the 'nem you should reduce the flow for about 15 minutes or so to give it an easier chance to attach. I just added 7 rock 'nems to my tank this week. 5 of them attached immediately, and two of them (larger ones) I had to tweak their locations until they stopped rolling. Welcome to the Anemone Games!
Question is do it look health ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new