need hob skimmer reccomendations

  • Thread starter Thread starter skelator
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

skelator

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2013
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys i got a almost 4 month old 46 gallon salwater tank. i recently got my first zoa. i have 72lbs of good live rock i bought. alot of it has coraline on it already. 40lbs of live sand. 2 powerheads and a canister filter using regular filter media only. the zoa is doing real good so far.

i wanna get a nice skimmer but i dont wanna spend 500 bucks either. i was looking at the aqua c remora units but i have no experience with any skimmer whatsoever. so any reccomendations would be appreciated. on the aqua c units they offer many different pumps should i avoid a perticular one? thank you, Mike
 
I use the reef octopus hob but haven't tried any others, it's been working great for the year or so I've had it.
 
Ok outta the aqua max,octopus and aqua c how do they compare to each other? I don't want anything overly loud either as the tank is in my living room. I'd like to have some wiggle room in there in the off chance I go crazy and get a bigger tank lol. Thanks, mike
 
I run the Aqua C on my 30 gal, it's actually pretty quiet and skims pretty good (or at least it seems that way with the nasty stuff in the collection cup!).
 
I've had the Reef Octopus BH1000 running on my 50g for about a year and 1/2 and it's always pulling good skimmate and it very quiet. My tank is also in my loving room, so noise level was a huge factor for me as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new