Need ID for this coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter Koty
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Koty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Messages
1,400
Reaction score
1,093
Location
Rehovot Israel
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a type of Montipora?
IMG_9114.jpeg
 
Yes this is a anacropora. I think people call it green goblin or the yellow version is called golden rod
 
Montipora spongodes. The Anacropora can look similar but doesn't put down any base..
Very possible. The pics I’m seeing of spongodes all show dark colored polyps though.

I have the “green goblin” variety of anacropora and it definitely doesn’t lay down a base.

The “slimeball” variety of anacropora generally is thicker and can lay down some base structure from what I’ve seen.

Either way, similar care requirements and will stay green.
 
I agree with spongodes based on the puddling and growth structure
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new