OP
chicago

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to do another round of the Furan2 kanaplax and see if he continues to progress... little concerned about switching now to NFG. but in future will use NFG on all my fish in QT .. Do you use NFG even when no signs of illness or infection?

OP
OP
chicago

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks... doing another round of Furan2 and Kanaplax.. don't want to switch to NFG in the middle since he seems to be doing better...
Do you use NFG proactively? or just when signs of infection ect.. thanks

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you use NFG even when no signs of illness or infection?
Do you use NFG proactively? or just when signs of infection ect.. thanks

I'll use it during acclimation if I suspect a fish has been exposed to ammonia or cyanide (because it contains Methylene Blue.) Also, if I can see that a fish (especially an angel or butterfly) has "red sores", I'll immediately dose NFG in QT before using any other treatment.

OP
OP
chicago

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update.. the conspic is doing much better.. this treatment of all three worked nicely.. he is still growing back tissue by the gills in the QT.. however, I do think I have some ick going in the QT... I would like to treat with Copper.. Thought on treating with copper when the tissue has not fully grown back.. I am holding off now so far because I would prefer it is completely healed.. he is eating like pig !!!!

OP
OP
chicago

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks again for all your help... waiting another week now to start the Copper Treatment. Hoping by then it is fully healed. if the healing slows up I will do another round of anti bacteria treatments... but the bottom line is using all three together worked.. kana and Furan2 and GC -general cure (metro and Prazi)

OP
OP
chicago

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update.. ok so he has finally healed. it took 7-8 weeks to grow back and looks great.. I did notice that he does very well in NPG.. He has been in it for 7 weeks now. i am sure the antibiotics portion of this med is over with after a few days.. but he seems to like the meth blue portion of it. Kinda hard to explain.. but when i did water changes and after lets say a 50 % water change.. he kinda scratched a little like his gills were irritated. I then dosed a litte back in and the next day he was not scratching.. i believe the meth blue portion of this med is soothing to the gills. just my 2cents worth.

I do have a follow up question for Humble and others..

I want to move on to treating with copper for 30 days and then into the DT. (this is possibly the longest QT i have had to do). I plan on changing 40% .. some of the meth blue will still remain.. do we think copper or copurimine (seachem) ( cant spell today.. )has a negative reaction with NPG. ?

thanks

OP
OP
chicago

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is the product again when i say NPG

Nitrofuracin Green
Our special formulation of Nitrofurazone, Sulfathiazole Sodium, Methylene Blue and sodium chloride.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to move on to treating with copper for 30 days and then into the DT. (this is possibly the longest QT i have had to do). I plan on changing 40% .. some of the meth blue will still remain.. do we think copper or copurimine (seachem) ( cant spell today.. )has a negative reaction with NPG. ?

I would run carbon for 24 hrs first just to play it safe. That should pull most of the MB out of the water.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back