Need ideas for cool inverts

Jackalmore

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a modest 20 Gallon long nano. Current residents: Frostbite Bullet Hole Clownfish, Lemon Clown Goby, and a Frogspawn. Fish real estate is quite coveted, so Im thinking of finding some cool inverts to finish off stocking before I start really getting into the corals. Crabs make me nervous because of corals and I dont want anything to eat my snail cuc, so I'm trying to stay away from them. Any ideas? Thanks!

kirbuno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaner shrimp will eat all stomatella snails
Hmm. Maybe that's what happened to all of my stomatellas in my last tank. Was thinking of putting a skunk in my new setup but just hadn't got there yet. Shame, I like both.

OP
OP
Jackalmore

Jackalmore

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually dont have any stomatellas in my tank. I honestly hadn't read much about them at all. Are they worth having?

kirbuno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how much of an impact they truly have as part of the cleanup crew, but since they have very small shells they can get into small crevases better than a shelled snails without pushing things over. And there just cool because they can move so fast for a snail. Nice to have things in the tank that you only see every once in a while. I've never bought one but I've gotten lucky in that they just seem to appear.

OP
OP
Jackalmore

Jackalmore

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh. Maybe I'll be able to pick up a few then. Also, it appears that one of our camel shrimp hitchhiked on the rock I brought home from work. I found him today while doing a water change. I've read they are hit or miss with reefs. Should I keep him or no?

kirbuno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had one, but they are not reef safe, from what I've read. Cool looking though.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 100 76.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back