Need identification on this algae

  • Thread starter Thread starter odstar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

odstar

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2008
Messages
368
Reaction score
148
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been battling this nuisance algae. It’s colored brown it’s easy at times to peel off. If I can get identification, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I would like to see if anyone knows how to get rid of it. I’ve listed my current parameters below.

No3 14
Po4 .21
Alk 8.7
Salinity 1.026
Cal 420
Mag 1290

Feed mainly frozen Hakari Brine, spirulina mysis shrimp and regular mysis shrimp and Mega Marine. I don’t rinse the frozen food.

Lights are on a 12 hour photo period.




IMG_1289.jpeg
IMG_1291.png
IMG_1290.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new