Need imput/Aquascaping

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently reaquascaping my 125 long. If you were reaquascaping, what would you have as a center piece a 9 in RBTA w/picassos or mixed sps? Also, how much rock would you use(about 150 lbs in there now)?

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree, I'd loose the nem and go with SPS. I say if you are pleased with the rock you have go with it, I don't think you need to add any more.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree, I'd loose the nem and go with SPS. I say if you are pleased with the rock you have go with it, I don't think you need to add any more.
I think 150 lbs might be too much. Good thing I'm setting up my 120. My nem has been in there for a year and never moved, buried within a rock and sits right under a 250 mh. Maybe he'll have to go to the 120 under T5's in a year after the 120 stabilizes.

LBA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my 125 gallon back when I used to have a home aquarium.

Overall I had about 150lbs of rock as well.

Can't remember if I kept a nem or not... But I doubt it.

29503fb9.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my 125 gallon back when I used to have a home aquarium.

Overall I had about 150lbs of rock as well.

Can't remember if I kept a nem or not... But I doubt it.

29503fb9.jpg
very nice! what was/is your fish stocking list?

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Some nice aquascapes there. I might be removing some rock and making 2 piles (maybe even 3) instead of a entire. rock wall. Just looking for that WOW factor when sticks grow and more room for my tangs.
This isn't the best pic of my current aquascape, but you get the idea of why I want to change it. Please don't mind the rocks up front, they are going into the 29 bio.
Notice how the RBTA sits under the middle 250 MH a foot above the surface. I guess it wants light like a ritteria!

IMAG0167.jpg

Acropolis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with the rbta as the center piece on a separate piece of rock work so it's less tempted to walk. Unfortunately long term, unless you just wanna prune away, a 125 is kinda hard to do a really nice sps display. You really shouldn't ever really have rock work up against the back if you want efficient flow(sps requirement) so your aquascape is limited tremendously when you do sps because they need space to grow and surface area to prevent shading.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 37 33.9%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%

Back