Ecoscape Reef Rocks

Gman83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I won the contest for the Ecoscape Reef Rocks contest, and today they came UPS.

During the contest, I checked out Ecoscape's website and thought the rocks were pretty cool; they are far more impressive in real life.

The box I received contained mix "A".
20240228_181528.jpg

There was a Styrofoam box inside the cardboard box. Then each rock was wrapped in two sheets of bubble wrap.
20240228_181659.jpg
20240228_181714.jpg

The package indicated the total shipping weight was 40 lbs. I'm bad at guessing weights, so maybe a pound or two of packing material. I would guess the rocks total combined weight is around 38 lbs.

OP
OP
G

Gman83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The website indicates one box is good for a 40 gal. tank. All the rocks arrived great, one piece did break; however, given that some of them have some intricate shapes/designs I was surprized that it happened to only one. Honestly, I think it will work better. So mix A has 8 rocks in it. They had tags, that listed the shape number, the dimensions, and instructions that you should rinse them before putting them in your display tank.

OP
OP
G

Gman83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is this ACTUAL Rock Or Resin replicas of rock?
No they are not actual rock. I'm not sure what it's made of.

I can say they are super lite weight. I also love their texture, it's real easy to stack them without gluing or cementing. While I may wish I did it later, I didn't see the need.

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on winning and those rocks look great. Question: Can those be drilled? I have an aquascape mostly consisting of Marko Rock currently. I want to drill holes in them so I can swap out drag plugs but Marko Rock is insanely dense so drilling them would likely take me half a day and would do a number on by drill. I have tried drilling with both diamond bits and small hole saw bits and it is a laborious task! If the Ecoscape rocks are light that may mean they can be drilled more easily then Marko Rock.

OP
OP
G

Gman83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats on winning and those rocks look great. Question: Can those be drilled? I have an aquascape mostly consisting of Marko Rock currently. I want to drill holes in them so I can swap out drag plugs but Marko Rock is insanely dense so drilling them would likely take me half a day and would do a number on by drill. I have tried drilling with both diamond bits and small hole saw bits and it is a laborious task! If the Ecoscape rocks are light that may mean they can be drilled more easily then Marko Rock.
Thank you. I haven't tried to drill them so I don't know. If I get some time later this week/ weekend when the baby isn't asleep, I'll try and report back.

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drilled my CaribSea Moani with a masonry bit for the stem and paddle bit for the disc, from what I could tell, Marco rocks are the same, they may Even be mined from the same quarry in Florida...

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecoscape Reef can be drilled! Here is a link to a thread showing another user who drilled their Ecoscape for frag plugs:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/qm-ecoscape-is-awesome.1030971/

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back