Need input on DIY LED build

  • Thread starter Thread starter TDEcoral
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TDEcoral

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2017
Messages
359
Reaction score
376
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in process of upgrading to a new tank (75 gallon) and I'm trying to figure out my lighting options. The 75g is a standard 48" x 18" and I keep a lot of acros, FYI. I've got a bunch of LED components on hand from other builds, but I'm not sure which direction I should go with this one. Here's a list of what I already have:
Drivers
1 Meanwell HLG-320H-C1050B
4 Meanwell ELN-60-48D

LEDs
6 Citizen CLU048-1212 80CRI COBs (4000k)
4 EB series bridgelux 22" 3500k strips (part # BXEB-L0560Z-35E2000-C-A3)
5 Luxeon K16
34 RapidLED solderless Cree XP-G3 royal blues
4 RapidLED solderless Semileds hyper violet (420-430nm)

Heatsinks
6 round 110mm with pins
2 RapidLED 1.6" x 36" T-slot

Dimming control will be via my apex.

I also plan on using a 36" two bulb T5 retrofit kit to help with shading.

The HLG driver was used to power the 6 COBs. The ELN drivers were used to power the Cree royal blue LEDs in the 36" heatsinks as supplements to the T5 on my 40 breeder. Ideally, I'd like to use as much as I can of what I already have, but I'm not against buying new stuff if it's needed. I'm planning on building a canopy to stuff the lighting in once I finish making the doors for the stand.

Let me know your thoughts and opinions!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new