Need livestock advice/suggestions for 40B

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lance M.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lance M.

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
365
Reaction score
178
Location
SC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm new here as this is my first thread but I've been on RC for a couple years.

My question is I need some help deciding what fish to put in my 40 breeder. I know there are a lot of threads like this (I've searched and read) but they all seem to be specific to the person so I felt like asking this since I couldnt really decide, and most people have clownfish....

I currently have a 40B with a 40B sump and about 60+lbs of lr.
My livestock is:
2x Yellow watchman gobies
1x Tiger Pistol Shrimp (his buddy died in the tank transfer :cry: )
1x Neon goby
1x Sailfin Blenny
3x Nassarius Snails
10x Ceriths
10x Blue leg hermits

I want to get a couple more small fish to swim around the tank as i usually only see the blenny and neon goby.

Ideas:

A combination of 2 or 3 of these-
Green Clown Goby
Yellow Clown Goby
Other color Clown Goby
Redhead Goby
Barnacle Blenny

or

Sixline Wrasse

or

as I have a lot of liverock, some type of dottyback/psuedochromis

I dont want to get clownfish as I already have a pair in another tank.

I would like something that is colorful.

Please throw up some suggestions.

Thanks!:wink:
 
How about a couple (or 3) bangaiis?

I thought about that but they aren't really colorful. I really like their body shape....I am thinking about it though cause my lfs has 2 small tank raised ones right now.

How about a couple of flasher wrasses.

I will look into that.

Thanks! Any more suggestions?
 
I agree that they're not really colorful, but they make up for it with their movement (or lack thereof) and neat shape....and big ol bug eyes :) they're really neat fish.

Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new