Need names

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a cutie!! My suggestion is Zipper or Olive :) what size tank does he need and what does he eat? I’m looking for a centerpiece for my shrimp breeding tank but it’s hard to find stuff that won’t eat them

OP
OP
Woodchip

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a cutie!! My suggestion is Zipper or Olive :) what size tank does he need and what does he eat? I’m looking for a centerpiece for my shrimp breeding tank but it’s hard to find stuff that won’t eat them
He will eat them for sure that is why the guppies are only temporary fish while he is small. He needs a 50 gallon tank. I really like the name zipper. You could try a gourami in your tank maybe I haven’t done much research on them so maybe not thank you.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He will eat them for sure that is why the guppies are only temporary fish while he is small. He needs a 50 gallon tank. I really like the name zipper. You could try a gourami in your tank maybe I haven’t done much research on them so maybe not thank you.
Thanks! I’ve got a couple neon tetras in there for right now, they look okay but I was looking for something a little more unique :) thinking about switching to White Cloud Tetras if I can find them. Gorgeous eel and I’m jealous!

OP
OP
Woodchip

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing I forgot to mention is having him as a centerpiece may not be great because he is not super active and they do burrow themselves into the ground and can be quit hard to find. It is funny though here is a picture of him in the rocks isn’t the best though.

Attachments

• 34E67501-0D9B-4196-BA18-8DE4ACF502EC.jpeg
    34E67501-0D9B-4196-BA18-8DE4ACF502EC.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 3

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing I forgot to mention is having him as a centerpiece may not be great because he is not super active and they do burrow themselves into the ground and can be quit hard to find. It is funny though here is a picture of him in the rocks isn’t the best though.
I have a couple of bichers in one of my other FW tanks, I love the eel/long fish look! I’d have a eel in saltwater but my tanks are too small :(

OP
OP
Woodchip

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of bichers in one of my other FW tanks, I love the eel/long fish look! I’d have a eel in saltwater but my tanks are too small :(
I used to have a bicher then I went out of town for a couple days and he wedged hovering into my filter and passed away. What sized tank do you have the eel in and what tire of eel is it I’m just getting my fish saltwater tank so while it cycles I’m looking for fish.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have an eel, my biggest salt tank is a 45 and I think they need a 75 or larger. I have the bichers in a 210 gallon

OP
OP
Woodchip

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like that name. Makes sense another name for them is the tie track eel.
I also need names for some fish I’m getting in the future. My tank is cycling right now but i will get a pink streaked wrasse, a saddle Valentini puffer, a pair of either snow flurrie or Darwin clowns and a hectors goby.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

• I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Back