Need new O rings

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a My Reef Creations MR-2R Skimmer and it has sat dry for a couple of years. I now need new O-Rings. I am in North Alabama. Does anyone know where I would find new O-rings? I am not opposed to ordering on line but would like to go to a store and purchase.

Thanks

Steve P

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take your old one to a Motion Industries, Kaman, or Applied Industrial Technologies branch store. They can match it up.

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local ace hardware has a good selection of o rings. Might be able to find one there

OP
OP
mehaffydr

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to all for assistance here. I was able to find at local store Lewters Hardware. They were great it was like an Old Time small town Hardware store where they really actually help you and give real customer service.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm envious. I started with MRC skimmers, and without question, they were the best skimmers I used....I still have them, but moved on to other skimmers. My only complaint was that they were noisy as all out hell. But boy, did they pull out the bad stuff.

OP
OP
mehaffydr

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"I'm envious. I started with MRC skimmers, and without question, they were the best skimmers I used....I still have them, but moved on to other skimmers. My only complaint was that they were noisy as all out hell. But boy, did they pull out the bad stuff."

I love mine and your right it is a little noisy. I have the MR-2R and I added a 30" extension tube. They recommend the Blueline BL50 but I upgraded to the Blueline BL70. This pump pumps up to 39' head and 1750 GPH its a beast. I have a 225 Gal REEF tank and this thing would probably be good on 500 Gal.
IMG_1779.JPG

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back