need new skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Whatnow
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Whatnow

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
296
Reaction score
54
Location
Saluda, Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a new skimmer for my sump its water level is around 9" and I only have around $200 to spend on it. The tank is a 75g and the sump is a Eshopps R-100 3rd gen refugium. Skimmer area is 11.5" x 8".
Any suggestions? I have an Eshopps psk100 HOB that I'm moving to my 30 gallon holding tank. I liked that one a lot. Here are a couple I'm looking at
http://www.amazon.com/Reef-Octopus-...refinements=p_89:Reef+Octopus,p_36:2661616011
http://www.thatpetplace.com/bubble-magus-nac3-5-internal-protein-skimmer_2
http://www.thatpetplace.com/bubble-magus-curve-5-protein-skimmer
http://www.thatpetplace.com/bubble-magus-nac5-5-internal-protein-skimmer
http://www.amazon.com/Eshopps-AEO18...mmer&refinements=p_36:2661616011,p_89:Eshopps
 
I have a aqua Max c01 its really does the best job of any skimmer I've had ever and I've had aqua c evs
 
Your level is same as mine it's supper easy to adjust look up reviews on it better than reviews on others I chose it over vertex and octopus
 
Well if it comes broke or you change your mind, the curve 5 is another solid option at or under your budget.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new