Need opinion on T5 lighting change

tanked37

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, this is what I have and what I'm thinking of getting. Would this be "better"?

I have...
AquaticLife T5 HO 10,000K 54W white
AquaticLife T5 HO 420/460 54W blue
AquaticLife T5 HO Purple 54W

I'm looking to purchase...
4 x ATI Blue Plus
1 x ATI Aquablue Special
1 x ATI Purple Plus

Thanks!

Fishface1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have the AquaticLife T5 fixtures, 2 of them combined into one (4 bulbs). I just replaced the stock bulbs with ATI's and they look great! I got (in order from front to back) Blue Plus, Purple Plus, Blue Plus, and Aquablue. The corals love them too, having great polyp extension since installing. The stock bulbs are good for starters, but they definitely need to be changed out if you want your tank to thrive. I've been doing light research for several months and it seems to be one of the most important options, next to water movement. Hope this helps in your decision, but do a lot of research to find the bulbs that will fit your needs the best.

Fishface1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the moment I have mostly softies; xenia, zoas, duncans, polyps (glove & green star), with a turbinaria that was on a combo rock I bought. I will be getting some new frags soon though, I'm upgrading my powerheads this week to get some better flow in the tank. Looking at something for the clowns to host in too...

OP
OP
T

tanked37

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's cool. I still think from what I've read these bulbs will be better than what I have even for SPS. Just wanted opinions before I made the purchase. But it seems that most ppl are fans of the ATI bulbs.

Fishface1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I came to the same conclusion myself.They sure make it look better! Now I just have to figure out the color correction for the pictures...

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 100 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back