Need opinions on this scape!

Ergot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like how it looks but I’m thinking it might be a touch too tall unfortunately. 13.5” for the taller skinny spire and 10.5” for the shorter fat spire.

Also, does it seem like there are enough nooks and cranny’s for fish to hide? I’m not sure how big they should be or any of that but I tried to make some spaces of the sort.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without knowing how tall your tank is I couldn't say, but I really like the aquascape. Are there enough caves and crevices for the fish to hide in? Maybe - again, depends on the number and size of fish. In my tank I've leaned various rocks to create ad-hoc caves, shelters, ledges and arches for the fish to hide in - in addition to whatever was naturally formed. You can never not have enough caves. Fish love exploring!

ghurlag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In principle, I really like what you have here, but looking at how close you are to the edges, you're going to have a tough time with scraping the glass and siphoning the back, I think. Just something to think about...

OP
OP
E

Ergot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In principle, I really like what you have here, but looking at how close you are to the edges, you're going to have a tough time with scraping the glass and siphoning the back, I think. Just something to think about...

that inner line is 2” mark from the actual tank glass all around for that exact reason, thanks for looking out though!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 149 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back