Need screen for Tunze 6040.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Searched the Tunze USA website and couldn’t find a screen for Tunze pump 6040. Had one in the past that fit right on. The pump comes stock with the quarter sphere shroud. This won’t work for me because I have small fish and inverts in this nano that could have contact with the impeller. This pump should sell with a screen cover. Could you help me? Thanks !!!

Regards, Mitch Powers. aka powers2001

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part 6025.200 will fit, however you can no longer use the deflector. There is generally not a risk to inhabitants if the pump stays on, pulsing between two speeds. While the impact may kill a small fish, the propeller also detects an impact and stops so it will stop if a snail or crab enters. We do not include a screen as the output is the maximum for this form factor, the grid reduces the performance, it is an added restriction, additionally, you cannot use the deflector any longer, the pump will work installed horizontally, but should never be tilted down as it will struggle to run and may not run at all.

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand all of that. However I’m having trouble ordering on the Tunze USA llc website. Entered all the info and cc info too. Did not work. Can you assist me please?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only site is Tunze.com which is our German site, US orders are forwarded to us for fulfillment as long as on the home page United States was selected and in payment US dollars was the currency. If you follow a google link to the part, it is often for another country and the distributor in that country will get the order and then it will be forwarded to me once the issue is noticed. https://www.tunze.com/US/en/details/6025.200-protective-grating.html

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back