Need some advice for marron clownfish breeding

Marronclownfish2008

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2021
Messages
14
Reaction score
23
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 10 gallon tank with nothing in it I put in some starter bacteria today and was wondering wether I should transfer the eggs yet or not. Also looking for some useful advice.
 
I currently have a 10 gallon tank with nothing in it I put in some starter bacteria today and was wondering wether I should transfer the eggs yet or not. Also looking for some useful advice.
If eggs are in a pot or object, you can utilize tank water into the 10g and move them over. Assure good filtration (even sponge unit) and temperature same as display tank
 
Maroon clownfish eggs will hatch around day 5-6 depending on temperature. You can clearly see eyes when about to hatch.

Also if you want to do this I’d suggest a sponge filter in your sump to help with bacteria.
 
If new to breeding make sure to read up on it. There's some prep work involved for the tank and such.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new