Need some advice here

Mike9976

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I joined back in August, been working away on build and implementation of my 185 corner. Been adding coraline to tank, purchased a bunch of dry/dead reef rock and have been trying to "revive" them so to say. My water parameters are where they should be so to say. But thisbisbwhat I have going on......is this ultimately what I want? I'm going to post before and current. Any all advice is welcome.....I've been asking some people and I've gotten more good than bad......

20191115_163437.jpg 20191206_173422.jpg

OP
OP
Mike9976

Mike9976

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome,

Great looking tank!

Do you have a sump?

What's all the great equipment running that bad boy!?!?

I do.....

Ok....
Trigger Emerald 34-Sump
Skimmer= Reef Octopus 150SSS
Return pump=Current 6010
Lighting is all Current. (Worked best for me)

20191123_130513.jpg

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a gorgeous tank. I think I would use less rock. By the time you stock it with corals (if you want a reef tank), the ones high up would be growing out of the water in no time. I used a lot of rock in my first tank but when I upgraded, I went with a more minimal aquascape since my corals were so large. Less rock also allows more swimming room for the fish.

OP
OP
Mike9976

Mike9976

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a gorgeous tank. I think I would use less rock. By the time you stock it with corals (if you want a reef tank), the ones high up would be growing out of the water in no time. I used a lot of rock in my first tank but when I upgraded, I went with a more minimal aquascape since my corals were so large. Less rock also allows more swimming room for the fish.

Kinda leaving full reef optional. I'm looking at just colonizing several strains of zoas. My concern is that algae growth, good/bad?

tstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What make is your tank? We're looking for a corner tank and that looks great!

I think you will want more intersting structure for your zoas... Some branches etc...

Tim

OP
OP
Mike9976

Mike9976

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What make is your tank? We're looking for a corner tank and that looks great!

I think you will want more intersting structure for your zoas... Some branches etc...

Tim

Ya know, I dont know. It was a find in a LFS where the guy just wanted to get rid of it and I so happened to be looking. Perfect storm so to say. When I google, cannot find anything. What I do know is the 90° angle, its 42" from corner to corner, then the front bow is 55" and its 36" in height. With stand and canopy it measure 7' in height

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back