Need some advice on my chalice receding

Robert Ranciato

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
832
Reaction score
383
Location
Connecticut
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi guys I need some help my chailce and Favia coral are receding from the edges. I just ran an ATI test and almost everything was decent my Iodine was 40.37 a little low and my Fluorine was really low at 0.30mg and zinc was non detectable. I did a big water change and my basic numbers look like this alkalinity 7.4. Calcium 400. Magnesium 1200 nitrate is 9 and my phosphate fluctuates between 0.13 and 0.05 my ph has always been low due to AC always on its about 7.8. All my sps are doing well it's just my sps especially my chailce. I have had a few high end mushrooms detach also. I have a 90 gallon with good flow and I have 3 xr5 and 6 that I run at max 80% intensity. I also have a kalk reactor and I use All For Reef. I posted a few pics of chailces that are receiving from the outside in. Anyone have any ideas? I also use Brightwell trace once a week

20250805_212207.jpg 20250805_212219.jpg 20250805_212228.jpg
 
Here are my results from recent icp test
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250805-214413_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20250805-214413_Chrome.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20250805-214402_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20250805-214402_Chrome.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 44

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new