Need some advice reference Antennarius sp. Anglers

Carl Cardarelli

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2019
Messages
279
Reaction score
73
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just purchased one for my 600 gallon tank about 3 1/2 inches big, can anyone advise me if they are prone to ick, brook, velvet , etc and if so can they be treated with copper if not what medication? Also if they are feed on regular basis does that lower the chance of going after a small fish, any advice on them will be greatly appreciated, Thanking you in advance.
 
They are not prone to ich or velvet but I have seen them have it. Copper is a nono but cp has been used successfully. No matter how you think you can manage his appetite, you cant, nature is nature, and they can eat anything as large as themselves. A 600g iz a large tank for such a creature, I have found them kept more successfully in smaller species themed tanks. I have also found them kept for longer periods feeding live food, and have not seen long term success on a dead only diet.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new