Need some advice

xWascallyWabbit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some help from the community.. attached you'll find a photo of my duncan colony. It's been steadily growing for months but recently two polyps have shriveled and it looked very upset. believe I have found the culprit. The red arrow points to a larger vermitid snail that is growing alongside the coral.

Any advice on how to get rid of it. When I feed or turkey baste the rock/sand its webbing comes out and disturbs the coral even more. I'm worried that the snail will continue to damage the duncan. Any advice would be appreciated.

20230323_153028.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I need some help from the community.. attached you'll find a photo of my duncan colony. It's been steadily growing for months but recently two polyps have shriveled and it looked very upset. believe I have found the culprit. The red arrow points to a larger vermitid snail that is growing alongside the coral.

Any advice on how to get rid of it. When I feed or turkey baste the rock/sand its webbing comes out and disturbs the coral even more. I'm worried that the snail will continue to damage the duncan. Any advice would be appreciated.

20230323_153028.jpg
A good chance yes. Take a pliers and break it off at its base and discard. If not comfortable, place a dab of gel superglue from the dollar store over the tube and it will starve

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back