Need some crabs 4 the tank

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2009
Messages
2,033
Reaction score
1,321
Location
D'Iberville Mississippi
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who online is offering some good crabs for my tank. I know at one time there was one good company, forgot the name, but heard it had kinda went down hill a bit.
 
I have a Sally light foot. It's a neat crab. There are cooler ones but just trying this kind out.
 
Yah emerald crabs were my favorite, but the other day he was pulling tentacles off my duncan and eating them. Pom pom crabs are safe,sometimes they will steal food from coral though.
 
I vote Squad Lobsters. Technically very closely related to hermit crab and DiversDen has an amazing Red one right now (same as I have in my tank. coolest dude ever).
 
I am just looking for regular good CUC crabs, nothing special. I will check with Liveaquaria.
 
We have emerald crabs which everyone told us would be fine with our corals and fish. Our biggest one has caught 2 fish and killed them and is working on the corals. I can't catch his butt to throw him in the refugium as he gets in the rocks and won't come out long enough. I would like to have one that didn't do this.
 
IME the most behaved crab I've yet to keep has been the Scarlet Hermit. Mine has been totally nocturnal and sifts the sand like crazy. It is the only Hermit I'll keep.
 
I enjoy my emerald crab. Gives me no trouble but he's the only one in my 55. His night-time routine is patrolling the glass.
Pretty funny to watch. Sorry pix so big.
 

Attachments

  • Snapchat--1807444116435414943.jpg
    Snapchat--1807444116435414943.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 166

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new