need some experienced advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter teff738
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

teff738

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2021
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Location
Nova Scotia
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so the inevitable did happen, and yes it sucks, I deployed and during my 6 months away my tank had a crash, so fast forward another 8 months and the tank is still limping, had some hardware failures, 2 x algae out breaks and a now alk crash(that I'm recovering from, I've not been able to get the tank stabilized)... been trying to decide if I should just keep trying to stabilize or should I just tear it down and start over... could really use some guidance from people who have experienced this level of a crash.
 
so the inevitable did happen, and yes it sucks, I deployed and during my 6 months away my tank had a crash, so fast forward another 8 months and the tank is still limping, had some hardware failures, 2 x algae out breaks and a now alk crash(that I'm recovering from, I've not been able to get the tank stabilized)... been trying to decide if I should just keep trying to stabilize or should I just tear it down and start over... could really use some guidance from people who have experienced this level of a crash.
What are the parameters of the tank right now? What occupies it right now fish coral etc?
How big of a tank are we talking about what kind of equipment are you running? I had a 125 gal that crashed bad!!!! Because I was away with my work for 9 months and after about 3 months went by I got everything back in order.
 
so yeah realized when I woke didn't give any of the real info...lol. tank is a 75 gal with parameters currently dkh8.4 cal -482 mag 1457 , phos and Nitrates are currently showing g less than 10, but I did just do a large water change, currently livestock are 6 inch mag fox, 4inch niger trigger and a 4 inch blue eye kole tang, CuC, and some LPS/ softies, running full refugium with skimmer and neptune lights, dos, and trident, and apex..
 
all those numbers will flux by about 5% give or take
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new