Ragincajun92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
19D1FD45-1F83-420A-9092-6D2771AD9896.jpeg
4E247306-C21D-4F46-8E47-78D9A9CFF430.jpeg
B32A2D64-861F-4814-89D6-FF004765F14F.jpeg
I know this is mostly a saltwater forum but thought you may be able to help me.
I just purchased a Aqueon 65 gallon tank from petsmart last Thursday. I filled the tank up Friday half way to check for leaks over night. Saturday no leaks tank looks good. Fill the tank up the rest of the way only to find small bubbles appearing in all four seams of my tank. I called and sent Aqueon a email on the matter and they are telling me the tank is perfectly fine and that this is very common and will have no effects on the Integrity of the tank. I have had 8 tanks over the years and I have never noticed this to be a issue with any other tank. If you let the water back out the tank looks perfect and you can not see any of the bubbles. Aqueon is telling me the water is pushing out on the glass and spreads making the bubbles Visible. I’m just not sure if this is indeed normal or something I should be concerned about. I have went to some other pet stores to look at different tanks and when I push out on the glass all of them make these bubbles appear. I spent some time making sure the tank is 100% level in every direction. Looking for advice and feedback. Thanks in advance.

Also most of the bubbles in the seam are near the middle of the seam in all four corners

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
19D1FD45-1F83-420A-9092-6D2771AD9896.jpeg
4E247306-C21D-4F46-8E47-78D9A9CFF430.jpeg
B32A2D64-861F-4814-89D6-FF004765F14F.jpeg
I know this is mostly a saltwater forum but thought you may be able to help me.
I just purchased a Aqueon 65 gallon tank from petsmart last Thursday. I filled the tank up Friday half way to check for leaks over night. Saturday no leaks tank looks good. Fill the tank up the rest of the way only to find small bubbles appearing in all four seams of my tank. I called and sent Aqueon a email on the matter and they are telling me the tank is perfectly fine and that this is very common and will have no effects on the Integrity of the tank. I have had 8 tanks over the years and I have never noticed this to be a issue with any other tank. If you let the water back out the tank looks perfect and you can not see any of the bubbles. Aqueon is telling me the water is pushing out on the glass and spreads making the bubbles Visible. I’m just not sure if this is indeed normal or something I should be concerned about. I have went to some other pet stores to look at different tanks and when I push out on the glass all of them make these bubbles appear. I spent some time making sure the tank is 100% level in every direction. Looking for advice and feedback. Thanks in advance.

Also most of the bubbles in the seam are near the middle of the seam in all four corners
I would exchange this. A small amount of pressure bubbles come and go in new tanks but this is to much and aqueon quality written all over it. Second aqueon tank promblem I’ve seen in the last 24hours

OP
OP
R

Ragincajun92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed aqueon about the issues and sent pictures and here was there response.

Hello Brandon,

Thanks for the email! After viewing your photos, what your seeing is not uncommon and poses no threat to the integrity of the tank.

When tanks this size are put together at the seam, the silicone pushes together and squishes out. As it dries, air bubbles may form inside the actual seam and stretch out. If tiny enough they may not be noticeable until water is added to the tank and water pressure pushes on the glass panels stretching them a bit. This is not something that will have any effect on the integrity of the tank. Most all of the larger tanks do have this happen to them, as the glass gets heavier and the maneuverability during construction gets more difficult. It can also depend on the climate on the individual day that this run of tanks were built. Moisture in the air can affect this process as well. The silicone is designed to have some stretch otherwise if the tank was glued using a ridged adhesive and gets jostled sideways at all, the seam would break away. The elasticity of the silicone prevents that from happening and maintains the water tight seal all at the same time. These bubbles can have several different “looks” and are not uncommon and pose no threat to the integrity of the tank.

Sincerely,

Josh

Central Garden and Pet Aquatic and Small Animal

Technical Services/Warranty Associate

800-255-4527

5401 W Oakwood Park Dr

Franklin, WI 53132

OP
OP
R

Ragincajun92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s where the 2 pieces of glass press together. Not sure what you mean by outside or inside

Last edited:

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask anyone that I’ve given glass advice too I’m the first one to advocate salvageing glass or tanks in general but this is a brand new tank and they make them cheap to get away with stuff like this.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back