Need stocking help

SMaggart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since my unfortunate bout with the Velvet in my DT, I've only 3 left... time to think about rebuilding the display. 1st stop is new live rock. Once its cured & ready to add in, what fish would be good to start? I have an 8" Foxface, a filefish & a very stubborn tomato clown about the size of a silver dollar.
I still have an empty 55gal I'm also starting back up for a friendly community. In my DT I'm wanting semi aggressives. Wrass, eel, Emporer Angel, Puffers, Triggers, a lion eventually... suggestions on what all I can have in the 180 gal & in order of 1st to last purchase? How many of each is safe? Input is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Caseyoidae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd use the 55g to quarantine new arrivals so it doesn't happen again. If for anything just observation. I'm personally not one to go crazy with copper ect. as a precaution but I do quarantine new arraivals for a couple months just to be on the safe side.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since my unfortunate bout with the Velvet in my DT, I've only 3 left... time to think about rebuilding the display. 1st stop is new live rock. Once its cured & ready to add in, what fish would be good to start? I have an 8" Foxface, a filefish & a very stubborn tomato clown about the size of a silver dollar.
I still have an empty 55gal I'm also starting back up for a friendly community. In my DT I'm wanting semi aggressives. Wrass, eel, Emporer Angel, Puffers, Triggers, a lion eventually... suggestions on what all I can have in the 180 gal & in order of 1st to last purchase? How many of each is safe? Input is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Are there specific species besides the emperor? The emperor, wrasses, and lion should be in earlier in stocking. Puffers, triggers, and eel towards the end.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 126 75.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back