Need stocking ideas

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking into adding more fish soon and have been having a hard time narrowing down a decent list. My tank is a 65gal wide. Currently have 2 DaVinci Clown, diamond goby, cleaner shrimp, and a few snails. I have a few fish in mind that I am going to get but need a few more options. On the list of next to get are
2 firefish
1 algae blenny
1 neon goby
Thought about possibly a one spot foxface considering I would like to have a fish keep the rocks clean. But it's only been a thought cause I would rather stay with 100% reef safe and have heard of them nipping at corals from time to time. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melanurus wrasse is a great fish as it will also eat pests in the tank you might bring in by accident, is good with other fish, and wont bug coral. Amazing colors.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
think foxy will get too big,how about tomini tang,they take a long time to grow and are great rock pickers ;)

OP
OP
Funston07

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's your pod population? Green dragonettes are a must for me. Leopard wrasse too!
I would love a green dragonette but currently do not have a sump to be able to have a steady supply of pods populating the fuge. I've been adding pods directly to tank once a month to grow the population in the tank though while there's not many fish to prey on them. Hopefully will have a sump added in another month or two though and will eventually be able to get one.

OP
OP
Funston07

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
think foxy will get too big,how about tomini tang,they take a long time to grow and are great rock pickers ;)
Honestly I would prefer a tomini but kinda thought he would outgrow my tank faster than the fox. Might have to look into getting a small one then, planning on getting a 150-200gal tank within the next 2 years anyways so if they grow slow I will have the room for him later on.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back