Need suggestions on "filler fish"

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mixed reef with the typ inhabitants, clowns, tang, gobies. I need some more fish to fill up the tank some. My lfs has the black/white damsel fish pretty cheap but these typ grow up and become aggressive, prob both possible choices. I've never had cardinal fish or firefish. Any suggestions on some peaceful fish that are kinda inexpensive.

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cardinals are good peaceful fish, lyretail anthias is a good choice as well. Royal gramma is another one to consider.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like my firefish, green clown goby, Banggai cardinal and orchid dottyback.

FangsAndGames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all seriousness however some of the cheaper anthias are a lot of fun. Only thing is they have to fed a couple times a day. Blue green chromis are great too

daveg89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mixed reef with the typ inhabitants, clowns, tang, gobies. I need some more fish to fill up the tank some. My lfs has the black/white damsel fish pretty cheap but these typ grow up and become aggressive, prob both possible choices. I've never had cardinal fish or firefish. Any suggestions on some peaceful fish that are kinda inexpensive.

Chalk bass great little fish

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get about 5 or more Azura Damsels. They are mostly peaceful, just protecting their territory.
Gives your tank some nice movement and color

Crustoceous

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another vote for blue green chromis. I got six for the same reason and they stay high in the water column and are usually schooling. They hold their own during feeding time and they're fun to watch. And probably one of the cheapest fish you'll find.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 66 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back