Need suggestions on filler fish

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mixed reef with the typ inhabitants, clowns, tang, gobies. I need some more fish to fill up the tank some. My lfs has the black/white damsel fish pretty cheap but these typ grow up and become aggressive. I've never had cardinal fish or firefish, probably possibility if I can find some. Any suggestions on some peaceful fish that are kinda inexpensive.

gabrieltackitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoy my bicolor blenny, and am getting ready to add a Midas blenny as well as someone told me they have similar personalities but won’t cause problems with each other.

OP
OP
J

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoy my bicolor blenny, and am getting ready to add a Midas blenny as well as someone told me they have similar personalities but won’t cause problems with each other.
But, these pretty much stick to the rocks? I have a scooter but unless you look for him you'd never see him.

I had a clown blenny? A few yrs back, was yelloe and really tiny but pretty interesting. He stuck to the rocks for the most part, haven't seen them in stores in a while.

gabrieltackitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But, these pretty much stick to the rocks? I have a scooter but unless you look for him you'd never see him.

I had a clown blenny? A few yrs back, was yelloe and really tiny but pretty interesting. He stuck to the rocks for the most part, haven't seen them in stores in a while.
The Midas that I’ve been watching at my LFS seems to be very active in the water column, and the bicolor that I have does stick to the rocks but he’s always moving around from perch to perch so he’s pretty interesting to watch and follow around

OP
OP
J

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assumed since they were a damsel that they would become aggressive. Reading about them they seem to stay peaceful. It does suggest to get 6 if you are going to get more than 1 to prevent possible bullying. This is exactly what I wanted, some generic fish to add to the water column

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back