Need suggestions on how to break up Caribsea Life Rock

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any suggestions on how to break this piece of rock into smaller pieces. I’ve been going at it for awhile with a flat head screw driver and crowbar with hammer and making little progress. Anyone have an secrets? Please help a girl out. My hand is about to fall off lol
F5CAA1EE-BAA2-4185-A18D-EA8EA80FF871.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks! I was worried about the vibration On my hand. but I’ll try a real hammer
Need to be able to crack the rock. A rubber mallet is going to absorb that instead of the rock. They're made to not damage the thing they are strinking.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to be able to crack the rock. A rubber mallet is going to absorb that instead of the rock. They're made to not damage the thing they are strinking.
That makes sense. Just wish I had thought of that before I went at it for so long.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ge
Anyone have any suggestions on how to break this piece of rock into smaller pieces. I’ve been going at it for awhile with a flat head screw driver and crowbar with hammer and making little progress. Anyone have an secrets? Please help a girl out. My hand is about to fall off lol
F5CAA1EE-BAA2-4185-A18D-EA8EA80FF871.jpeg
Get a metal hammer instead of that rubber mallet. You're wasting a lot of your blows in rebound. A metal hammer and chisel will blast right thru.

Max93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually just put towels on my kitchen counter, and grab the rock with one hand in the air and slam it with the hammer with the other hand. Two hits on the same spot usually does it for me, but you’ll get a random shape out of it. I’m always good with the shape it comes out.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually just put towels on my kitchen counter, and grab the rock with one hand in the air and slam it with the hammer with the other hand. Two hits on the same spot usually does it for me, but you’ll get a random shape out of it. I’m always good with the shape it comes out.
Dude.....thats awesome.

My wife would kill me even though im the one who reno'd the kitchen;Hilarious:p:cool::cool:;Stig

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously? Life rock?!?!?!? It’s like solid concrete! If so, that’s super impressive.
captain america lumber GIF

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 53 74.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back