Need sump suggestions for 90 gallon

ChunkyBlenny14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up my stand today, and tried to squeeze a 29gal in it I picked up from petco. Good thing I kept the receipt, wont fit in by .5 inches of course!!
I really dont want to but should I remove the middle brace, put the tank in, and put it back on?? Is that my only option? I think a 20 gallon is too small for a 90 gal reef, right? Pretty irritated at this, am I screwed ? Any suggestions appreciated.

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up my stand today, and tried to squeeze a 29gal in it I picked up from petco. Good thing I kept the receipt, wont fit in by .5 inches of course!!
I really dont want to but should I remove the middle brace, put the tank in, and put it back on?? Is that my only option? I think a 20 gallon is too small for a 90 gal reef, right? Pretty irritated at this, am I screwed ? Any suggestions appreciated.
You could do that . Another option will the 29 fit through the top of the stand? Had to to do that with a trigger 26 sump and a marineland 75 gallon stand once upon a time.

OP
OP
C

ChunkyBlenny14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could do that . Another option will the 29 fit through the top of the stand? Had to to do that with a trigger 26 sump and a marineland 75 gallon stand once upon a time.
It will only fit through the top by taking the cross brace off. Won't slide back or front. Looking at pre-made sumps, some of them come 24" long. I just wonder is that enough for a 90gal?

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will only fit through the top by taking the cross brace off. Won't slide back or front. Looking at pre-made sumps, some of them come 24" long. I just wonder is that enough for a 90gal?
Aim for a sump that’s roughly 1/3 of DT volume but you can get away with something slightly smaller if you keep your returns higher in the tank or use a check valve although I’m not a big fan of them. Maybe removing the brace and reinstalling it is your best option.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back