Need to catch 4 Chromis today!

Hoodstream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I had a previous thread on how in less than 24 hours it’s been hell with my Chromis. I spoke to my LFS and the owner talked to me this time and apologized as he would not recommended what I had for my tank size and said the employee who helped me was newer. However he said he’d honor a store credit and a coupon but wants them back today as they’re not open again till Wednesday and would now have to QT these guys for a couple weeks before he could sell again, and really was pushing having them back by the 24 hour mark. Family owned store and has sold me really good fish in the past.

Any idea how I can catch 4 Green Chromis within 30 minutes? I’m off of work at 6pm tonight and would have 30 minutes to catch them and 45 minutes to get there before they close at 8. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Hoodstream

Hoodstream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this in your 10 gal?
No a 40 Gallon. There’s a ton of aqua scape I can’t tear up my watchman and pistol have built multiple caverns and I’d kill them in doing so. I saw people saying put food in net but was wondering if there was an efficient way, or if I could stop home on lunch and trap them somehow but worried I’d trap other fish.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ok so I had a previous thread on how in less than 24 hours it’s been hell with my Chromis. I spoke to my LFS and the owner talked to me this time and apologized as he would not recommended what I had for my tank size and said the employee who helped me was newer. However he said he’d honor a store credit and a coupon but wants them back today as they’re not open again till Wednesday and would now have to QT these guys for a couple weeks before he could sell again, and really was pushing having them back by the 24 hour mark. Family owned store and has sold me really good fish in the past.

Any idea how I can catch 4 Green Chromis within 30 minutes? I’m off of work at 6pm tonight and would have 30 minutes to catch them and 45 minutes to get there before they close at 8. Thanks in advance.
Worst but best method is to remove all rock in tank and place in container of tank water and using a net, corner each one and net them

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what vette said, there is little to no shot of getting them all in a fully aquascaped tank

OP
OP
Hoodstream

Hoodstream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worst but best method is to remove all rock in tank and place in container of tank water and using a net, corner each one and net them
what vette said, there is little to no shot of getting them all in a fully aquascaped tank
I am terrified of moving my rock cause my pistol has taken shells from my sand or small pieces of rock and made pillars, I guess I could lift the rock straight up but I’m worried of a cave in or them getting buried. Might be my only route

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am terrified of moving my rock cause my pistol has taken shells from my sand or small pieces of rock and made pillars, I guess I could lift the rock straight up but I’m worried of a cave in or them getting buried. Might be my only route
Go slow and you;ll be fine

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I mentioned earlier, even with a trap, it is unlikely with a fully aquascaped tank. Shrimp are resilient if you are careful. Mine had gone through a ton and kept on kicking. He will just have to re-build.

OP
OP
Hoodstream

Hoodstream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS owner is worried about having $30 tied up in quarantine for two weeks so he wants them now? Hehe. That’s funny.
It was like $50 with tax it’s a smaller store. Support your local businesses. I’ll take a mom and pop shop run by someone trying to make a living than a major corporation. A major corp will survive without my business. Not to mention mandates for masks just got lifted by me and business is picking up they were closed majority of Covid so it’s actually pretty understandable he doesn’t wanna take a loss.

OP
OP
Hoodstream

Hoodstream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Going to try putting the food in the net and if that doesn’t work I’ll take everything out. Oh well.
You got this my friend. Get those fish to the store and pop a beer after you reset tank 0 Thats what saturdays are for

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Cheers m8 and thank you to everyone who commented. A Beer doesn’t sound bad tonight
Just one? - Come on - a pair of clowns = pair of beers
Cheers

OP
OP
Hoodstream

Hoodstream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just one? - Come on - a pair of clowns = pair of beers
Cheers
Took an hour lunch and got them out
5AACA793-F0F6-481F-9498-EDE79EE0552A.jpeg

however my tank mates and coral are not happy I had to take all my rock out. @vetteguy53081 my bicolor was stuck in a rock and I thought he was hidden in the sand he fell maybe a foot onto the floor and was gasping for air. Here’s a pic? Did I just kill him?
0EFA6D1C-7E03-49D8-B711-218A0721F377.jpeg

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Took an hour lunch and got them out
5AACA793-F0F6-481F-9498-EDE79EE0552A.jpeg

however my tank mates and coral are not happy I had to take all my rock out. @vetteguy53081 my bicolor was stuck in a rock and I thought he was hidden in the sand he fell maybe a foot onto the floor and was gasping for air. Here’s a pic? Did I just kill him?
0EFA6D1C-7E03-49D8-B711-218A0721F377.jpeg
He should be fine- never had a chance to dry up
I owned a pet store for many years and we had fish (net haters) hit the floor at times
Lost less than 1% of them

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back