Need to upgrade my chiller! Thoughts on "EcoPlus?"

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I need to upgrade to a new chiller as my 1/10hp is not able to handle the amount of water and heat in my new tank. I was happy to see that chillers have become significantly cheaper than years ago when I last got one. The brand I was looking at is called EcoPlus
Here is a link to the 1/4hp one I was considering. It is about half the price of the JBJ one.

Curious if anyone has any experience with these, it will be out in the screened in porch so I do not mind if it is louder than the others as long as it isn't super loud.
Thank you!

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t used a chiller in years but I’ll give this a bump for you!

DeniableArc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I need to upgrade to a new chiller as my 1/10hp is not able to handle the amount of water and heat in my new tank. I was happy to see that chillers have become significantly cheaper than years ago when I last got one. The brand I was looking at is called EcoPlus
Here is a link to the 1/4hp one I was considering. It is about half the price of the JBJ one.

Curious if anyone has any experience with these, it will be out in the screened in porch so I do not mind if it is louder than the others as long as it isn't super loud.
Thank you!
Hi haven’t heard of that brand but you should look at teco chillers, I have had one for 3 years and it’s flawless. Plus they have a inline heater built in!

OP
OP
Dolphins18

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is it that you are needing the chiller? Is it your equipment that is producing heat or your environment?
NC is somewhat humid. I have been able to get away in the past with only using A/C, but this tank has dual returns, a large skimmer, 3 other pumps for reactors etc and then 6 AI lights. I also have everything closed off in a stand and hood (need a sealed hood for some of the livestock). I think everything being sealed off, plus the equipment heat is causing it to get a little warm.
I can probably get by with the 1/10 as I have been seeing the temp only climb to 79.7 recently, but that is still a little high for my liking.
I have an Ecoplus. Works fine for me.
Excellent, thank you. I think ill go with this. Do you notice much noise?

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it’s pretty quiet and this one is an older unit! Thanks

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an eco plus 1hp. Been great to us, actually just started leaking freon after 8 years or so. Just hooked up the spare and will be fixing the old one for further use.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 120 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 74 36.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 61 29.8%
Back