Need Your Thoughts on Coral Coloration

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The jury (my jury, anyways) is still out on the multi-supplements. There's a lot of evidence from hobbyists that at least some of these supplements will promote production of some colorful proteins. The truth is, is that I simply don't know, hence my current project investigating types of colors and effects of different parameters, including light, pH, and metals (the latter if I can get an acceptable protocol worked out.)

thank you; perhaps the ideal would be to perform icp laboratory tests and check for any shortcomings, and integrate only those elements

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only reason we don't all have algae is most probably iron deficiency (might be other deficient elements as well).

One cool thing is that while that can be true, there really are other important factors that also balance tanks and prevent takeovers or domination by one particular organism like algae.

Specific nutrient limitation may limit one class or a few classes of organisms (or may not, in some cases), but in concert with a "complete" ecosystem of microorganisms you will also get balance across the spectrum of organisms. Balance to the point of resiliency.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back