Needing Asparagopsis seaweed

Seaweed19

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I am a marine biologist and need some seaweed of the genus Asparagopsis sp. (Limu kohu) for my research. I wonder if any of you have cultures, or know where I could purchase it, as getting it from the sea is complicated nowadays. Thanks a lot!
 
Hi, this genus is hard to find in the aquarium trade, never seen it on sale. I know as I’ve been searching for some for a few years now.
 
here's an interesting link i found for an australian organization promoting methane-reduction in the agricultural sector via asparagopsis farming:

1592336554962.png


https://www.greenergrazing.org/challenge

https://www.greenergrazing.org/faqs
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new