Needing info on stowaway clam...

  • Thread starter Thread starter jhast0n
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jhast0n

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
66
Reaction score
10
Location
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a leather coral today and as I was watching it while it was sitting during the drip phase before adding it to the tank. I moved the coral to just observe my purchased and there was a small clam. It looks like a pecan so not sure what to do with the guy, what they need are they reef safe. I am working on pics. Whats your thoughts and ideas?


Thanks,

Jamie
 
Yes clams are reef safe but are you sure it's not a barnacle likes these
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1428118460286.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1428118460286.jpeg
    14.3 KB · Views: 135
ohhh, I think its a mussle. it looks like these.
images
The those are common hitchhikers. Some times they may even be alive. If it is then once in a while you'll see it open. it's pretty cool.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new