Needing some info on jawbreakers

mraysberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanting some info on jawbreakers. I’m trying to get one small and grow it out to obviously save on money. Is it possible it will never get any hints of red in it? Also thinking about the Deadpool shroom as well. Same thing will it get purple hints? Also what’s a good placement for them? Lighting? Flow? Just wanted some info to help me better understand them and properly take care of them so I don’t need up losing something

bacc2bacc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Just wanting some info on jawbreakers. I’m trying to get one small and grow it out to obviously save on money. Is it possible it will never get any hints of red in it? Also thinking about the Deadpool shroom as well. Same thing will it get purple hints? Also what’s a good placement for them? Lighting? Flow? Just wanted some info to help me better understand them and properly take care of them so I don’t need up losing something

try to buy a jb baby that came from a mother with lots of color, this will give you a better chance of the shroom developing colors as it ages compared to buying a baby from a shroom with very little to no color. Deadpool’s, I am not too sure about because I never bothered to keep and look into them. As for lighting and flow, shrooms can be acclimated to high light and par but it’s best done over along period of time rather than a sudden change of enviorment. I would start the shroom off in low flow and light and pay attention to it over the course of a few weeks. Jawbreakers are very susceptible to detachibg and floating away into the tank. A lot of shroom collectors use shroom boxes to house their shrooms for this very reason. It would be a good investment if you plan on collecting a few, it’ll save them from floating into the depths of your tank and you maybe never finding it again. Best of luck to you on your search.

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The interesting thing about these shrooms are the ways the colors developed. If you zoom in on this pic you can see the red underneath the orange. The orange seems to slowly stretch and dissipate. I’ve had this one for just over 2 years. I bought it as a booger size with no red. It came from a mother that was very colorful. That mother did produce babies with red and green streaks. Mine has yet to produce any babies like that but all of the babies do develop a lot of red and green specks.

I’m curious if the colors ever stabilize and stop changing. I feel like eventually this one could turn all red and loose all of the orange.

75BC4D28-66B9-4D4B-9086-778462FA1EF6.jpeg

OP
OP
M

mraysberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did end up getting a jb baby and also a Deadpool shroom as well. I didn’t really get a chance to see the mother of the jb but I feel like it’s starting to get hues of red maybe I’m wrong but I’ll def post a pic let me go take a photo

bacc2bacc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Looks like it has potential, only time will tell, best of luck to you on your mushroom endeavors

OP
OP
M

mraysberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While we’re on the topic of mushrooms, I have a Sunkist bounce. It’s getting pretty big right now but how would I know when it’s splitting. I have been noticing it’s pinching a a little bit towards the rim of the shroom on one side

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 123 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 45 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back