Needing suggestions on an internal skimmer

BeachBumTX

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2021
Messages
44
Reaction score
51
Location
Corpus Christi
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally getting around to start a new tank I built from scratch. It's 120g by calculating dimension. Sump/fuge will be 29g. Building a mix reef tank, but I do love sps.

Needing suggestions on an internal skimmer. All the choices out there have my head spinning. Please advise. Can you give why you like a skimmer you suggest? Or why to avoid a skimmer you disliked?

I have never bought a store bought skimmer. I always had them custom made. The guy built them for me is no longer around. So color me stupid on store bought skimmers.

Thanks in advance!
 
A simple, low cost, highly effective skimmer that I’m using is Simplicity. It doesn’t have a lot of bells and whistles but it pulls out mad gunk and is very quiet.
 
Nyos
Reef Octopus
Ice Cap
Aqua Maxx
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new