Needlefish or Sennet

MIKE NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever kept these before?

I want something that looks like a Barracuda, but isn't a Barracuda :zany-face:

Any issues with my current stocklist and either of these fish?
My reef club usually sponsors a collection trip every fall here on the LI to collect Caribbean species caught in the Gulf Stream and we catch these two species regularly. The Sennet is actually the smallest member of the Cuda family with the Nothern species growing to about 12” and the southern alittle larger to 14”. The Need,fish grows much larger to about 36”. I don’t recommend either species for a home aquarium unless you have a very large tank. You haven’t listed your current stock list, but I wouldn’t put anything in with them less than half their body length. It’s amazing the size of the prey they can eat..

OP
OP
0MNSH1ZLLC

0MNSH1ZLLC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reef club usually sponsors a collection trip every fall here on the LI to collect Caribbean species caught in the Gulf Stream and we catch these two species regularly. The Sennet is actually the smallest member of the Cuda family with the Nothern species growing to about 12” and the southern alittle larger to 14”. The Need,fish grows much larger to about 36”. I don’t recommend either species for a home aquarium unless you have a very large tank. You haven’t listed your current stock list, but I wouldn’t put anything in with them less than half their body length. It’s amazing the size of the prey they can eat..
Hmm…the Sennett sounds pretty good then. I’ve got mostly triggers and puffers in a 230 gallon. Stock list is in my signature.

Just bought a 310 7 footer, trying to figure out what to do with it. Was $100 on FB lol.

MIKE NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your signature didn’t show for me when I originally posted,but it’s there now……If that 310 holds water then it’s a Homerun! I never get that lucky. With that group it will be ok, but personally, I rather have a Grouper…they’re much prettier….GL with new tank.

OP
OP
0MNSH1ZLLC

0MNSH1ZLLC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your signature didn’t show for me when I originally posted,but it’s there now……If that 310 holds water then it’s a Homerun! I never get that lucky. With that group it will be ok, but personally, I rather have a Grouper…they’re much prettier….GL with new tank.

Just ordered a small saddle grouper for the 230, I think the fb guy got a better offer and he’s ghosted me now…lol.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back