Neon bubble tip anemone?

JennyH3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just scored this neon pink bubble tip anemone at my local store. It’s amazing!!! His mouth is open bc I just fed him. I love him way more than my rainbow bubble tip. Has a shrimp in his mouth during photo.

i took photos in full light and blue light. The ”neon” pink Is stunning. This is my 7 year old daughters tank. She LOVES the glowing at night and the ”neon” look of him.

She thinks the rainbow is boring & brown. Clearly it’s not brown - ha.

Are there any other bubble tip that are as stunning and “glow” like her pink one?

if so where did you purchase yours? I haven’t bought online before. We have such good locally owned stores in Minneapolis.

thanks

3ABAF144-2C9C-4FC3-AF7B-F3A32C3A9B86.jpeg 757D1BFF-CDF5-497F-8C42-04774B70AB18.jpeg 4FE3E50C-CB14-48B0-AB67-D287974DD99B.jpeg 5552ED58-7263-4811-8473-544110DFE243.jpeg

OP
OP
JennyH3

JennyH3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bleached!?!?! Oh no that poor guy. This is only my 2nd anemone. I eventually decided branch out and a few to my FWOL with live rock to go with my clowns.

This is terrible. Well I’m glad I took him. Now I’m on a mission to nurse him back to health. My 7 year old will be so sad that he was hurt. She will be watching him like a hawk now.

I hand feed my other one frozen shrimp 2 times a week. I will do the same for this little guy.

Anything else I can do to help?

Specific lighting? I have this light. https://fluvalaquatics.com/us/marine-spectrum/ It’s been great fish are all happy the other bubble seems happy. If I need a different light to help this guy I will gladly purchase.

on a positive note. He moved and found himself a nice little home overnight. (Had purchased yesterday) Opened on nicely this morning.

Attachments

• 8B36BDCC-BD04-4620-B404-C5773F9F32EC.jpeg
    8B36BDCC-BD04-4620-B404-C5773F9F32EC.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 130
OP
OP
JennyH3

JennyH3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to being bleached. I see you're in minneapolis. Im in Eau Claire WI which isnt far. Curious to know the LFS that sold it to you?
Wet World in Eagan I had never been there before. Honestly the tanks were dirty. I wouldnt go back. Was driving home from rochester and stopped on the way back. Found them google maps. I did get a nice

I have purchased most of my fish from Reef Collective in New Brighton and a few from World of Fish in Richfield.

where do you purchase locally? I’m from Oconomowoc and drive right through Eau Claire often.

Last edited:

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The anemone is going to move to where ever he is most comfortable. I don't have a lot of experiance with anemones, I just know they do as they please. All you can do is offer a variety of spaces and proper water care. And get some cipro if it is sick.

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bleached!?!?! Oh no that poor guy. This is only my 2nd anemone. I eventually decided branch out and a few to my FWOL with live rock to go with my clowns.

This is terrible. Well I’m glad I took him. Now I’m on a mission to nurse him back to health. My 7 year old will be so sad that he was hurt. She will be watching him like a hawk now.

I hand feed my other one frozen shrimp 2 times a week. I will do the same for this little guy.

Specific lighting? I have this light. https://fluvalaquatics.com/us/marine-spectrum/ It’s been great fish are all happy the other bubble seems happy. If I need a different light to help this guy I will gladly purchase.

on a positive note. He moved and found himself a nice little home overnight. (Had purchased yesterday) Opened on nicely this morning.
It is not good to feed these animals directly, especially large chunks like shrimp, I would not recommend feeding that one directly. It will take a while, but it will begin to get its rose color back. I've had many bleached ones, it just spent a while without light, but it will come back!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

It will still be beautiful!

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are those coral skeletons next to the anemone?

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned hold off on the feeding for a bit (it can actually stress them) and if you haven’t, lower your lighting a bit and then slowly bring it back up over a week or so.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wet World in Eagan. Was driving home from rochester and stopped in. I have purchased most of my fish from Reef Collective in New Brighton and a few from World of Fish in Richfield.

where do you purchase locally? I’m from Oconomowoc and drive right through Eau Claire often.

@Reef Collective and @New Wave Aquaria are the go to reef stores in the metro area. Plus, both are R2R sponsors!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not good to feed these animals directly, especially large chunks like shrimp, I would not recommend feeding that one directly. It will take a while, but it will begin to get its rose color back. I've had many bleached ones, it just spent a while without light, but it will come back!
Not true. Target feeding isn't necessary, but it's not a bad thing to do. Overfeeding is bad, but that is true for any living animal.

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not true. Target feeding isn't necessary, but it's not a bad thing to do. Overfeeding is bad, but that is true for any living animal.
It is not good to feed them large chunks of food, if someone really wants to then maybe once a month. Just because they can eat it, does not mean they should. This is very true.

OP
OP
JennyH3

JennyH3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No - I ordered some custom artificial corals from custom coral creations. https://www.customcoralcreations.com/about-us

i noticed these beautiful faux corals in a few bulk reef supply videos. They are about 15 min from me. When I went to pick up an order they recommended them to me.
just stunning and soft

the fish seem to love them. Constantly swimming through the Aquascape corals.

Attachments

• D3D8E923-FF90-4C8F-8D70-248AE0461343.jpeg
    D3D8E923-FF90-4C8F-8D70-248AE0461343.jpeg
    339.7 KB · Views: 100
OP
OP
JennyH3

JennyH3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should clarify - it’s not large chunks. I soak a small piece of shrimp in tank water for a bit until it’s thawed then break it apart into smaller little pieces from there. Nothing wider than their little mouths can fit.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back