Neon dottyback bullying wrasse will it stop?

Dinodanger

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2020
Messages
199
Reaction score
48
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a silver belly wrasse two days ago it’s slightly smaller than the neon dottyback at first the wrasse hid in the sand for a day but I just noticed it’s head sticking out the sand observing the tank then the dottyback seen him and chased him out the sand around the tank until he disappeared again will the wrasse eventually come out or will this be a issue?
 
You might be lucky and get a reduction in aggression but you are more likely to see the wrasse driven into the sand as neons can be pretty nasty once established in a tank. If the tank is large enough they might learn to coexist but it would need to be pretty large I'm afraid. I'd personally make your choice which you want more with the knowledge that the dotty is far more limiting (it will be hard to add anything similar in shape or that lives in and around the rockwork).
 
Most dottys, even though they're small fish, are pretty aggressive and best kept with big tankmates like tangs, angels, Xanthicthys genus triggers, etc.
 
Odds are no I am sorry. You can try giving it a mirror so then it will fight himself but that is not a final cure just a distraction.
 
you could give the dotty a time out in the sump, a qt, or alternative tank. Let the wrasse get established and feeling safe and then bring back the dotty.
 
you could give the dotty a time out in the sump, a qt, or alternative tank. Let the wrasse get established and feeling safe and then bring back the dotty.
I was literally going to post this question have you done it before does it work?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new