Neon green Kenya tree care

Dillon Deville

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally obtained a frag of the super green Kenya tree the other day that I had been eyeing for a while.

Anyway, does anyone have one? Is the care any different from brown kenya trees? It is very green and vibrant, definitely the most vibrant color out of anything in my tank. To keep that coloration, should I place it in high light?

Thanks

IMG_20190831_201205-01.jpeg

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally obtained a frag of the super green Kenya tree the other day that I had been eyeing for a while.

Anyway, does anyone have one? Is the care any different from brown kenya trees? It is very green and vibrant, definitely the most vibrant color out of anything in my tank. To keep that coloration, should I place it in high light?

Thanks

IMG_20190831_201205-01.jpeg

What kind of gorgonian is that in the background? (At least I'm assuming that's what it is)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Green kenyii same care as regular type, but doesn’t spread as fast

OP
OP
D

Dillon Deville

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How has this done so far? Growing?

It's doing really good, both branches have grown considerably. Hasn't dropped any though, which I honestly prefer. As pretty as it is, too much of a good thing is very true in reef tanks. I'll snap a pic when the lights turn on later.

Orion1885

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have quite a few which all started from one frag. It has taken over the left hand side of my tank; super easy to take care for in my experience and always drops frags at a fast rate.

Photo on 11-17-19 at 4.22 PM.jpg

Last edited:

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow you actually have 2! Want to sell opke? I bought one fro munique corals and it got lost in my tanks. It was very tiny, to tiny to sell really. Same thing happened with an expensive mushroom I got from them and what sucks is i got 18 frags from them and all the lps died in my crash and I have all the softies left but those two and they would have made it but bot got lost. I have looked everywhere. The mushroom was literally the size of an cigarette but or eraser or something. As far as roundness goes but of corse much thinner!

Back