NeoNitro and Neophos

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tanks at 0.01 po3 and 0 nitrate so just got some Brightwell neonitro and neophos
Question is can I dose together?
Have I got to turn skimmer off for spell after dosing?
Can I use my Hanna ULR phosphate checker because on bottle it says phosohorus ?

would also using brightwells microbactor 7 help also because keep getting a fine dusting of light brown on sand after only few days after cleaning!

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I dose mine separately about 30 minutes apart with good results. Not sure if mixing these together will cause precipitation.

I also have the Hannah ULR phosphate checker ...it Is good equipment to use for dosing P04

OP
OP
J

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose mine separately about 30 minutes apart with good results. Not sure if mixing these together will cause precipitation.

I also have the Hannah ULR phosphate checker ...it Is good equipment to use for dosing P04
do you stop skimming when dosing mate? when did you start seeing a increase in po4 ?

blackstallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tanks at 0.01 po3 and 0 nitrate so just got some Brightwell neonitro and neophos
Question is can I dose together?
Have I got to turn skimmer off for spell after dosing?
Can I use my Hanna ULR phosphate checker because on bottle it says phosohorus ?

would also using brightwells microbactor 7 help also because keep getting a fine dusting of light brown on sand after only few days after cleaning!
I'm in the same boat as you were at time of posting; 0.01 phospate and 0 Nitrate. I have purchased Neophos and Neonitro and plan on dosing.

Question, how did you fare with the dosing? Did you see an affect? How much were you dosing?

Rod Buster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same boat as you were at time of posting; 0.01 phospate and 0 Nitrate. I have purchased Neophos and Neonitro and plan on dosing.

Question, how did you fare with the dosing? Did you see an affect? How much were you dosing?
I'm fixing to start dosing these also. Just flipping back through post trying to read up on some results people have had.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use both products. Neonitro for sure, not so much neophos anymore. When I was dosing both, I would dump one in, then the other. I only separated out the dosing by the time it took me to measure out each dose.

Never had an issue.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose both but can not get my po4 over zero and don’t understand why

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose both but can not get my po4 over zero and don’t understand why
Once your at true 0 it means everything has leached out. Now that your dosing it, things need to soak it back up before theres an excess(what we measure in the water column).

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once your at true 0 it means everything has leached out. Now that your dosing it, things need to soak it back up before theres an excess(what we measure in the water column).
I have been dosing it for over 6 months now I hope it comes up a little soon . The tank has been running for all most 2 years

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well in your case your input = output. Not a bad thing honestly. 0 isn't truly 0 even on a hanna checker. Just look at the error specs on the hanna. All were measuring is the excess in the water column. In your case everything is being used up, so no excess in the water, hence your 0 on the hanna.

If your tank is healthy, and corals all look good, I wouldn't sweat a 0 reading on a hanna ULR.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back