neonitro/neophos for dino

fsas89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I am battling dinos atm, and I just started dosing phose/nitrate since they were at 0 (where the problem started I learned!) I finally have a reading of nitrate at either 1 or 3, colors are hard to tell haha, but phos still reading 0, so two questions. Do I need to dose MORE phos or keep adding it how its directed? ( I have macroalgae and chaeto in the tank) second, once I hit m 10 mark for nitrate, do I keep dosing? do I alternate days? or do I test until it drops and then dose again to bring it up? my aim is nitrate 10 - <15 and phos at around 0.10. I am also dosing microbacter7 and tims waste away alternating days while turning UV off, and my skimmer just isnt running at ALL at this time. thanks for any input!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dose phosphate til you get to your goal. Do not dose waste away or microbacter 7 until you hit your desired goal. What test kits do you use. Most phosphate tests are horrible for low range testing.

OP
OP
F

fsas89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dose phosphate til you get to your goal. Do not dose waste away or microbacter 7 until you hit your desired goal. What test kits do you use. Most phosphate tests are horrible for low range testing.
unfortunatly I use API for phosphate, only 1 I had laying around til i can get a new one. so wait on the bacteria til I up the nutrience? Is that because the MB7 and waste away reduce the nitrate?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back