Nepthea coral, I think..

  • Thread starter Thread starter welshgazz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

welshgazz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2019
Messages
66
Reaction score
34
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up from LFS last week it's in a nice spot and is opening well. I was told it was Sinurlia coral but I am leaning more towards it being Nepthea as it has a chunky "trunk". I pretty sure it's not a Kenya tree. I apologise for the picture, my phone doesn't take good pics as they get blued out. I have asked for orange filter for Xmas lol.

IMG_20251012_130410217_HDR.jpg 17602710265985845581061981768666.jpg
 
Are you able to get a photo from the side with either the lights turned off on your tank or with only white lights on? It would help make the photo clearer
 
Here you go. Thank you
 

Attachments

  • 17603799730782628669666338936902.jpg
    17603799730782628669666338936902.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 35
I’m leaning more toward Colt coral, but there are different species which look alike. Here’s my Nepthea.
IMG_1723.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Can you get closer? To the skin not the polypy bits
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new