Nepthea or not?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kyan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kyan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2023
Messages
229
Reaction score
506
Location
Glendale, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a koji wada nephtea and I love how they look and does not spread easily. That being said I am looking for other colors of nepthea and stumble upon petco selling on their site a stereonepthya. Can you please me help identify this based on their picture if it is really a nepthea. I’m just afraid I might end up having a kenya tree coral that will end up multiplying in my tank. Thanks in advance for the help!
IMG_1024.png
 
I am not on expert, but from what I remember I believe Koji Wada is a Stereonephthya, and one of the telltale signs of a stereo is that they have sclerites on the tissue like pictured below. Sort of fiberglass textured skin. I do not see those sclerites on the above image, so I question its labeling as a stereonephthya. Unfortunately, I can’t answer whether or not it is a Nepthea. All those tree type corals look the same to me, but I don’t think it’s a stereonephthya as labeled.

IMG_0971.png
 
Last edited:
Not a stereo, image looks like a litophyton, but what you will most likely get is a Kenya tree or standard green nepthea
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new