Neptune AFS (Feeder) get drum out without lid coming off.

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I have a problem with my Neptune AFS. In order to get the drum out to adjust feeding level you have to grab the lid and pull, the problem is that the lid and drum attach the same way, so half the time the lid pops off instead and I end up dumping half a drum of food into my tank.

Is there a better way? Is there some release? Or a way to extend it for taking the drum out?

I've never heard of this problem, so I imagine I'm just doing something stupid.

Thank you,
Whiskey

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only use my AFS occasionally but have the same problem. I find I f you are careful and give it a little wiggle the full drum will come out but I always do it with the lid facing up in case it pops off instead.

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem with refilling, but it does a great job feeding multiple times a day.
Planning to buy another one for the opposite side of tank.
And the sound of it (2 rooms away) always brings a smile cause I know it’s working and fish are enjoying a treat.

OP
OP
Wiskey

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only use my AFS occasionally but have the same problem. I find I f you are careful and give it a little wiggle the full drum will come out but I always do it with the lid facing up in case it pops off instead.

I need to remove my hood to remove the unit based on the way it's mounted. I have the back part outside so the cord doesn't get wet, and the front side sticking through to the inside of the back of the hood. I figured this would be secure, and keep it safe.

I may need to mount it differently. Man, I really thought I was just doing something dumb.

Whiskey

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.2%
Back