Neptune Apex Classic Stuck in Bootloader

wesleyferrell94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had an ice storm came through and it caused the power to flicker and go off for a few minutes. When the power came on my Aquacontroller was blank with a blue screen and my power bar was flashing yellow.

I tried disconnecting and unplug everything and waited 15 minutes and plugged in just the power bar, and then I did it again with the Aquacontroller and Powerbar. neither worked. I am currently running my aquarium on a basic power strip and would like to get my apex running again.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes this can be fixed by forcing a firmware update. Follow the steps from this thread:

If that doesn't work, you'll probably need to contact Neptune Support:

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a repair article on this. Although, it's for the newer Apex 2016:

And also here:

The difference in your case is that neither EB8 nor the display seem to be able to communicate with the head unit. Which may suggest a problem with the head unit, but not guaranteed.
I'd find a separate 12v power supply to run the head unit without the EB8 and attempt to connect the display. If still nothing, there is likely an issue with the head unit. If it works, you have a problem with the EB8.

Between Neptune and Royal Exclusiv, they seem to be very sensitive to power fluctuations unfortunately.

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 53.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.2%
Back