Neptune Apex control with Echo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lazys Coral House

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anything is in the works to voice control the Neptune apex with Amazon echo. I would like the ability to use commands like “feed fish”, “turn on/off lights”. Or ask Alexa what the temperature pH, calcium, alkalinity, magnesium level is. Ask what is on and receive alerts

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how it all works from the business standpoint, but there might be license fees involved.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are LEDs that are doing it, and you can easily get simple on/off outlets.

So...alexa turn on aquarium lights.

Alexa, turn on drain pump

Alexa, refill saltwater

Alexa, refill ato

Alexa turn on circulation pump

All are possibilities.

Just put a smart Outlet between the eb8 and the device and set the apex to fallback on (if appropriate) and dont have the aoex turn rhen off except for emergency parameters such as high remp, high ph, water on floor etc...then control the daily chores w voice commands.

I personally have no interest in that but would be easy to do.

OP
OP
Lazys Coral House

Lazys Coral House

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it sure would be nice to have the control of the apex while my hands are wet rather then getting saltwater on my phone or apex Display

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it sure would be nice to have the control of the apex while my hands are wet rather then getting saltwater on my phone or apex Display
Alexa dry my hands.

Akexa, do all my tank stuff for me im going to a movie.

......"okay, i put tangerine on your shopping list"

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one command I think that would be really useful would be to put the tank in to feed mode. Or have it read off your PH/temp/etc.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one command I think that would be really useful would be to put the tank in to feed mode. Or have it read off your PH/temp/etc.
"Whats my tank status"

Yout ph is 8.32, Temp 79.3, ORP 342, All pumps are reporting normal, your water has changed 13000 ml in the last 24 hours, your par is 287, your salt is 34.2, you pulling 9 total amps, your last trident alk was 8.2 and last trident calcium was 434, and last trident mg was 1321.

To be honest, id rather look at dashboard than listen to laundry list.

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only really monitor temp and ph, and my display is tucked away out of sight and alexa reporting those two things would be much more convenient than pulling up the dash board.

Now the cost to integrate alexa to listen to two things...

OP
OP
Lazys Coral House

Lazys Coral House

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are so many things that would be nice to have via alexa. For example opening the cabinet door where the sump is and say "Alexa turn on refugium light". It is normally off during the day for most people. How about "Alexa turn off skimmer" when it is time to clean it. Until you have something it is hard to know what your missing. I think Neptune is in a great position to add this feature significantly enhancing the value of our investment in the product.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make the trigger command "Neptune" and put a picture of a trident on the marketing with a guy shooting signals to his tank from it....

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Whats my tank status"

Yout ph is 8.32, Temp 79.3, ORP 342, All pumps are reporting normal, your water has changed 13000 ml in the last 24 hours, your par is 287, your salt is 34.2, you pulling 9 total amps, your last trident alk was 8.2 and last trident calcium was 434, and last trident mg was 1321.

To be honest, id rather look at dashboard than listen to laundry list.
Exactly :) , doing this is not that hard. If apex fusion has some sorta API, then tying that with alexa api/skill is not at all difficult. I thought through about this during reef-pi development, and my conclusion was.. meh! I think getting a weekly summary from the controller as email would be nicer :)

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly :) , doing this is not that hard. If apex fusion has some sorta API, then tying that with alexa api/skill is not at all difficult. I thought through about this during reef-pi development, and my conclusion was.. meh! I think getting a weekly summary from the controller as email would be nicer :)
Thats not a bad idea for those who dont open fusion that often to get a daily report.

Would also be nice if the alarm messages were formatted.

I hate that i can't actually name my IO inputs on classic

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do this using a breakout box and fighting with an Alexa compatible device I bet. When the device is activated have a sensor close the breakout box circuit... hmm.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 137 60.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 81 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.8%
Back