Neptune Apex Emergency

sailorman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going away 4:00 am tomorrow for 2 weeks and of course the Neptune system goes haywire. Have a base unit, 2 EB832 Energy bars, and a Core 20 pump with controller.
Trouble started after cleaning and then plugging a skimmer back into the energy bar. Both Energy Bars, the Base unit and the Core pump controller had flashing orange lights. I think this started when I tried to turn the skimmer back on. After much jiggling of plugs, unplugging and reattaching the 120 V power and resetting the Base Unit I got back to steady orange lights. The skimmer outlet won't stay on and the Cor pump has an error message saying it is "Missing". I plugged the skimmer into another outlet and the Core pump is running but I fear a power outage which is common this time of year may set things off again.
Desperate for some advice, mostly the Core pump problem.
I also posted this in the Neptune forum.

OP
OP
S

sailorman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swapped the Aquabus cable for a new one and reinstalled the pump. No more error message and it can be controlled again. Oddly the skimmer outlet is back in business as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back